Re: security in testing

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:08:03AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> package to re-install.  If you're not a developer, you don't have
> access to archives, so your choice is to either go back to the stable
> or testing version of the package, or try to find a mirror that still

With the pool system the old package will kick around on the mirrors for
a while.  Knowing that they're there is a bit of a trick, mind you.

> But now people are saying that using testing is a bad thing.  Part of
> the problem is that different people have very different ideas about
> exactly what testing is useful for.

I think some of this is that ideas have changed over time - when testing
was new there were high hopes for what it could achieve that haven't
been delivered on.