Re: security in testing

On Wed, 14 May 2003 23:57:48 +0300, Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org> said:

> We'd be better off going back to just turning unstable into frozen
> when we're near a release and getting rid of testing entirely.  That
> way people won't be running a distribution you claim they shouldn't
> be, until we're at the stage when it's appropriate.

	But that took forecver. The idea is to have testing, not as a
 useful target for people to run, but as a repository of packages that
 may be close enough to what frozen achieved after months and months
 of freezing. Well behaved packages would only be about 10 days old in
 testing, as opposed to months old in the frozen distribution.

	Testing is a release tool. Not a distribution for random end
 users to run.

	manoj
--
Your love life will be... interesting.