dosbox_0.57cvs29012003-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, H.P. Veenstra wrote:
(I foreward this mail to debian-devel because there is no real reason to
 keep something private)

> I checked somethings and dosemu is in contrib
> and according to the website:
> Contrib
> Packages in this area are free themselves but depend on
> other software that is not free.
DosBox does not depend from any non-free software.  It perfectly runs
with free software from main and you can dir, ls or whatever on your
local disk (perhaps DOS partition) and what else.  You might have written
your own software in DOS and would like to run it.  There might be some
other free DOS software, so DosBox _really_ _does_ _not_ _depend_ from
non-free software.  Tha fact that most people might use it to start
their non-free software is in fact no reason to move it to contrib.

I see no reason to move DosBox to contrib an keep Wine in main (which
is perfectly the right location in my opinion).

I just attached the REJECT file which confused the DosBox maintainer
which will be sponsored by me.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:48:57 -0500
From: James Troup <ftpmaster@debian.org>
To: Peter Veenstra <H.P.Veenstra@student.rug.nl>
Cc: Debian Installer <installer@ftp-master.debian.org>
Subject: dosbox_0.57cvs29012003-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi,

 Since this is, AFAICS, useless to the average user without non-free
 software it belongs in contrib (along with dosemu et. al.).

 Or am I missing something?

 --
 James

===

If you don't understand why your files were rejected, or if the
override file requires editing, reply to this email.

Your rejected files are in incoming/REJECT/.  (Some may also be in
incoming/ if your .changes file was unparsable.)  If only some of the
files need to repaired, you may move any good files back to incoming/.
Please remove any bad files from incoming/REJECT/.