Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    jc> I am  speaking about he  releasing his  work with an  schedule
    jc> that   forces him to  release  a testing distro which contains
    jc> packages with  serious bugs that  have  a package  solving the
    jc> problem in unstable.  If  he wants to recompile   such package
    jc> under testing he  is free to  do so, but  the work of tracking
    jc> all those packages will be bigger than the one using stable.

I have to double check our current list  of packages (as of the DeMuDi
0.9 ISO) and  talk to Marco, Guenter  and our other  developers to see
what their opinion is on  this issue.  I have  the feeling that stable
is too old for us  to base our  work on it, and  it would be necessary
for us to recompile a vast majority of packages  for it, but right now
I don't have the necessary information.

    >> Sure. Other distrib also have RC bugs even if they don't
    >> display them like we do ...

    jc> Did I said anything about hidding them or about other distros?
    jc> Why you introduce that topic?

Not talking on Raphael's behalf, but it's just a matter of knowing
that working with Debian has at least the advantage that critical bugs
- which exist in every distribution - are clearly marked as such, and
that helps greatly.

bye,

andrea
--