Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    jc> At the moment, because of the gcc transition, we have a libc6
    jc> package (2.3.1, IIRC) stalled in unstable. New packages
    jc> compiled against that particular version of libc6 won't enter
    jc> testing, even though they might be solving security/other bugs
    jc> encountered in old (read already in testing) packages.

    jc> That kind of situation would lead you to release something
    jc> based on a broken release of Debian.

Well, it all boils  down to pros  and cons.   In my experience,  these
situations are quite  rare in Debian.  They  do happen, of course, but
if the  alternatives are  following  stable (which is old),  following
unstable  (which  is, er, unstable)  or packaging  all by ourselves, I
think following testing could be a good option.

If  there  is a  show-stopper bug  we  can always  recompile against a
bug-free version on  the culprit package -  not funny, but better than
the other options, IMHO.

bye,

andrea
--