Re: OpenSSL 0.9.6/0.9.7, LDAP, SSH, friends

    Henrique> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> There are some complexities getting this working on all of our
    >> architectures, so I have not come forward with a concrete
    >> proposal.

    Henrique> Huh? All our archs accept, and work with versioned
    Henrique> symbols the same way.  They use the same toolchain and
    Henrique> runtime linker now...

You'd really like to use a version script similar to
version_1 {
global:
*}

But you cannot do this because there are symbols included statically
in all shared libraries on some architectures that cannot or should
not be versioned.  Because of what I think is a linker bug, things
break badly on these architectures if you version all symbols.