Re: OpenSSL 0.9.6/0.9.7, LDAP, SSH, friends

    Stephen>   I don't have an overall solution to this, though I've
    Stephen> heard much about versioned symbols perhaps being an
    Stephen> answer.  I know that's been discussed on d-d some already
    Stephen> though and don't know where that went.

We more or less got it working for db2 and db3 although it was
significantly more painful than was at all acceptable.  I think that
we need to used versioned symbols for sasl, openssl, Kerberos and a
few other things that are likely to be dependencies of PAM modules,
NSS switches, etc.

There are some complexities getting this working on all of our
architectures, so I have not come forward with a concrete proposal.