Re: description writing guide

David B Harris wrote:
> If variable-width fonts are used, then line breaks shouldn't be
> preserved. If they're not going to be preserved, there needs to be a
> very specific set of rules as to how lines are joined. These already
> exist in code, actually; I believe packages.debian.org joins lines.

I think that the exact documentation of the formatting options available
to the extended description fields is not with us as a consequence of
the ill-advised dropping of the Packaging Manual. Yes the rules exist,
have been written down (and then apparently that documentation thrown
away), are used in aptitude, dselect, and various other programs, etc.

--
see shy jo