Re: New maintainer behaviour with NMU and LogJam's hijacking

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:54:02PM -0800, martine@cs.washington.edu wrote:

> (I am sorry to say I don't know the proper protocol in Debian for this--
> do I file a bug report on the package saying there's a new version?)

This is something that is normally worked out on an individual basis between
the Debian maintainer and upstream maintainer.  A dedicated maintainer will
usually follow the appropriate mailing lists and take care of new versions
without need for any notification.  Some appreciate a simple email reminder.
Some will rarely notice a new version unless someone reports a bug about it.

--
 - mdz