Re: location of UnicodeData.txt

Jim Penny <jpenny@universal-fasteners.com> writes:

> > There are all sorts of reasons why you might wish to create derivative
> > works based on the standard -- a new standard for a different purpose, for
> > example.
>
> Derivative works are covered by copyright.  Period.  I would advise that
> you not base a defense of infringment of copyright on the fact that you
> have only used it to create a derivative work.

The DFSG says that we only use things in Debian where we have been
granted that right.  We think that standards bodies should grant us
that right, and then we will distribute their standard as part of our
system.  If they don't grant us the right, we won't take advantage of
it, and we won't distribute it.  Nobody is infringing any copyrights.