Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:03:20AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
 JW>> -=<O>=- ~~~ An Anarchist's Creed ~~~ -=<O>=-
 mfk> This strikes me as largely misunderstanding the definition of anarchy.

I'd say its problem is not misunderstanding but rather a dogmatic
enumeration of political statements without sufficient explanation and
discussion.

Fortunately, Debian contains better documentation on anarchy:

    apt-get install anarchism

and point your browser to:

    file:///usr/share/doc/anarchism/html/index.html

Also, I found this short article a good primer on anarchism:

http://www.infoshop.org/texts/primer.html

Take look at the above, and then come back and ask you question again :)

 mfk> In short: Anarchy is a buzz-word amongst the 3|_33+,

Anarchy is largely misunderstood by most of those who use it as a
buzzword. Primary sense of this word is `absense of government', which
is very far from common misconception that `anarchy' means `disorder',
compare with Proudon's maxim `Anarchy is Order'.

 mfk> and this claim I would file as "bullshit".

That would be as quick and as unfounded statement as the one you name so.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko