Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:22:29PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
 JW> I've heard some people saying that Debian is a good example of
 JW> anarchy in action.  If it is, how does that fit in with the
 JW> statement mimeographed below?  Maybe we aren't anarchist after
 JW> all...  What should I tell people who ask if Debian is anarchic?

Peter Novodvorsky and Wartan Hachaturow once called Debian
`constitutional anarchy' [1], and I think it is the most precise
definition of Debian's political model. I don't speak for others, but I
am anarchist, and I have become one because of Debian more than because
of any other reason.

[1] http://otstavnov.com/fsr/fsr-theses7/node6.html
    (warning: this paper is in Russian)

--