Re: semi-moderating debian lists

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 10:49:13AM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> I already proposed something very similar, and it was rejected.
> Read the archives of debian-vote, I was going to propose a general
> resolution and sent a draft first. Manoj said it would be "treating
> our users as dirt".
>
> I would not mind replying to a cookie once in a lifetime, but apparently
> some people *would* mind.

The cookie idea sounds like a good idea to me provided the following:

Any subscribed user on any debian list is whitelisted for all mailing lists.
Once the user has auth'd once they don't have to again for same email
address.

If the auth was only required for the Y+ SA score, and the above
conditions, the amount of users getting auth messages would likely be
very small. Of course you could require auth for all users not
subscribed to the list, which would get rid of all spam, but that is
probably where people like Manoj get annoyed(?)

Chris