Re: Move to python 2.2 as default release?

Okay, I (and several other people) are confused.  What does
'the next default python' and 'skipping 2.2 entirely' that Chris Lawrence
writes mean?

If typing apt-get is the hardest technical thing you ever do, I want
you to get 2.2, not 2.1 or 2.3 when you decide to get Python.  Also, I
want developers to know the answer to the question 'what Python
version should I develop for to best reach my intended audience of
everybody who isn't another bleeding edge Python developer' is also 2.2.

Laura Creighton