Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 1 2002)

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:25:49PM -0400, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> Not a lot to report in the past week.  However, I have hacked on the
> code a bit to (hopefully) handle already-localized entries a tad
> better and improve the category assignment.  The code is at:
>
> http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/~cnlawren/debmenu/

# Make vFolder categories
def choose_categories(section, hints='', name=''):
    cats = []
    hints = hints.split(',')
    sectbits = section.split('/')

    # Definitely need more work here for other Debian menu bits -
    # notably hints
    if section == 'Apps/Shells':
[...]
    elif section == 'Apps/Math':
        cats.extend(['Math', 'Scientific'])

What exactly will that mean? I'm personally sick of having to stick all
my scientific apps into 'Apps/Math' and would like to see 'Apps/Science'
RSN. Is 'Scientific' just some sort of tool-tip or rather a proper
category?

Basically, I just vote for a seperate discussion of the Menu hierachy
before everything will be carved in stone/policy, if possible.

thanks for all the work so far,

Michael

--
Catholism: If shit happened I deserve it.
Ateism: Shit happens, but I don't care anyway.