Re: dpkg can't remove directories

>> I'm working on a package that installs some files in
>> directories underneath /etc/<pkgname>/skel.
>>
>> When I remove the package, dpkg complains that it can't remove
>> some of the directories because they're not empty.  All of the
>> files that were in those directories were installed as part of
>> the package.  How do I find out why dpkg won't remove them?
>
> Remove or purge?

Both complain about not being able to remove directories if
invoked following an install.  Purge doesn't complain if remove
has already done so.

Contrary to an earlier post, doing remove then purge doesn't
work either: the config file is removed by the purge, but the
rest of the files are still there.

> If the latter, ignore the message.  dpkg prints it, but it does
> remove the dir during purge.

Nope -- the files are still there.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I don't know WHY I
                                  at               said that... I think it