Re: Wish: Unfreeze Woody and start anew

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:03:10PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> aj@cyan:~$ grep 'Maintainer: Turbo Fredriksson' /var/lib/dpkg/available | wc -l
>      99

Heh.  Nearly all of those are tiny libroxen packages.  If those had been
packaged more sanely (like with python) then the figure would be considerably
lower.

> So you can take Turbo's opinion -- ie, the opinion of a fairly long term
> and productive developer -- to be both indicative and authoritative.

Indicative, maybe.  Of one developer's opinion.  Authoritative?  No way.
His assessment of the past 7 years does not agree with my assessment of
the past 5.

Richard Braakman