Re: 88 Priority violations in woody

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:23:32PM -0400, Thomas Hood wrote:
> http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=testing&list=priority&arch=ANY
> you can peruse the 88 packages which violate Debian policy section
> 2.2, which says that the priority of a package cannot be higher
> than the priority of one of its dependencies.  Let me know if there
> is a flaw in the following reasoning (and pls point me to the
> relevant docs):

What a waste of time. Since I tend to take care of any override changes,
I have built my own report... And since these priorities are not release
critical, I dont usually bother until I'm bored enough to fix a whole
bundle.

For the record, the report is incomplete, and I am going to be rewriting
it, but if you want a look:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/unmet-sid.html

I dont want lots of email about it. just change your package if you
want, and reply to the override disparity, telling me why.

And yes, it has a couple of bugs.

Mike, who goes back to ignoring -devel.
--
Michael Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>

You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.