Re: localeconf package

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:41:15PM +0100, Manfred Wassmann wrote:
> Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@ens-lyon.fr> writes:
>
> > Configlets are really a great thing. I love them.
> >
> > But I'm a bit surprised by their dependencies:
> > Package: localeconf
> > Depends: debconf (>= 0.5)
> >
> > Package: etherconf
> > Depends: debconf, ifupdown (>= 0.6.4), dhcp-client, libconfhelper-perl
> >
> > Package: timezoneconf
> > Depends: debconf
>
> [...]
>
> > Shouldn't the three first depend on configlet-frontend?
>
> No ...
>
> > For example, are you sure localeconf will work smoothly without
> > python installed ? ;)
>
> Yes, because you don't have to use the configlets, you can as well
> configure them via plain vanilla debconf as I did.

Ups, sorry, I forgot about this and where messed up by:

$ dpkg -L localeconf
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/configlets
/usr/share/configlets/localeconf
/usr/share/configlets/localeconf/main.py
/usr/share/configlets/localeconf/main.glade
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/localeconf
/usr/share/doc/localeconf/copyright
/usr/share/doc/localeconf/changelog.gz

Bye, Mt.

--
Si les grands esprits se rencontrent, les petits esprits, eux, se cognent.