Re: kernel-* package names

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 07:23:01PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 05:14:28PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:19:14PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > > I clearly never looked into it. I will never do it either. I only
> > > forgot that the Linux build system sucks.

> > We have a winner.

> A winner of what?

> > If anyone forgets why people get pissed off by whiney
> > marginally-useful-port partisans/leeches, they can staple this one
> > to their monitor.

> I don't see why people should get pissed off when somebody says his
> opinion.

"I think the Hurd build system is a good one, and the Linux build system
could be improved by following the Hurd's example": stating an opinion.

"The Linux build system sucks, everybody should use the Hurd":
inflammatory, argumentative, immature drivel that doesn't merit
bandwidth or disk space anywhere, let alone in a mailing list whose
subscriber base consists largely of users and developers of Debian
GNU/*Linux*.

See the difference?

I'm sure you have reasons for believing that the Hurd is better; but
common sense would dictate that you not express that point of view in
such a denigrating matter while you're still in the queue waiting for
admission into a community of developers, many of whom disagree with
your opinion -- and even more of them with your attitude.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer