Re: kernel-* package names

Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> wrote:

> A winner of what?

Why, winner of the "most in need of a clue" award, of course.

> > If anyone forgets why people get pissed off by whiney
> > marginally-useful-port partisans/leeches, they can staple this one
> > to their monitor.

> I don't see why people should get pissed off when somebody says his
> opinion.

If it was merely the case of somebody stating his opinion, that would
be fine.  You, however, have admitted your ignorance of what you were
talking about, proudly declared that you intend to remain ignorant, and
then mouthed off about how the Linux kernel "sucks."  That in itself
would be amazing, but in addition, you now seem to be surprised that
people on this list are laughing at you.

In the future, I suggest that you restrict your opinions to topics about
which you have some knowledge (e.g., some great new feature of the Hurd
that will solve all of life's problems, if only it would get past the
experimental stage).  Your comments on the existence of Debian packages
of the Linux kernel source are still misinformed.  These packages do
not exist because the "Linux build system sucks"; rather, they are an
artifact of Debian's packaging system and have resulted from the needs
of the various maintainers of Debian's Linux kernel image packages and
associated packages to coordinate their efforts.

- Brian