Re: Support for debsums

Previously Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> If I felt like inciting a passionate flamewar, I might mention that rpm
> enforces md5sums.  But I'd prefer people to fix their packages, so here's
> a list of packages on my system which don't support md5sums.  Please,
> fix your packages or I'll start massfiling bugs.

1. It's not policy, so these bugreports can immediately be closed as
   being frivolous
2. Imho it's the wrong place to do this, dpkg should generate those.
   This has been plannned for ages but dpkg development is currently
   somewhat stalled since we don't want to make too many changes in a
   single release and we can't release 1.10 with the current release
   system (we don't want it to go into woody).

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |