Support for debsums

I recently had a nasty root partition screwup (driver related), and
attempted to use debsums to find which packages needed to get reinstalled.
To my dismay, many packages do not support md5sums.  I think this is a
major quality problem with Debian.

If I felt like inciting a passionate flamewar, I might mention that rpm
enforces md5sums.  But I'd prefer people to fix their packages, so here's
a list of packages on my system which don't support md5sums.  Please,
fix your packages or I'll start massfiling bugs.  And nobody likes that :-)

adduser at autoconf autoconf2.13 automake
base-files base-passwd bash bash-doc bc bibtool biff bin86 bsdmainutils
bsdutils build-essential bzip2
cdtool communicator cpio cvs-buildpackage
dc debian-keyring debian-policy debianutils dict doc-base doc-debian dpkg
dpkg-dev dupload
ed eject elvis-tiny emacsen-common
fakeroot fdflush fftw-dev fftw2 figlet findutils flex fvwm2
g++ g77 gdb glibc-doc gnupg gpm grep gv
iproute
jargon
klogd koules
latex2html lincity lincity-x lintian locales lockfile-progs lynx-ssl
libbz2 libbz2-1.0 libc6 libc6-dev libelfg0 libgdbmg1 libgmp2
libgmp3 libgpmg1 libgpmg1-dev libgsm1 libhdf4g libident libldap2 liblockfile1
libncurses4 libncurses5 libncurses5-dev libnewt0 libpcre2 libpcre3 libpng2
libpng2-dev libpng3 libreadline4 libsane
make mawk mime-support minicom miscfiles modconf modutils mount mozilla
mpack mutt
nas-lib ncurses-base ncurses-bin ncurses-term netcdfg3
octave octave-ci octave-doc octave-htmldoc octave2.0
patch pcmcia-cs psutils
rcs rsync
sed sgmltools-2 strace svgalibg1 sysklogd syslinux sysvinit
time
units untex update util-linux util-linux-locales
vim
whiptail whois
xanim xbooks xproxy xscavenger

Note that these are just the packages installed on my system.  Check your
own package :-)