Re: Vanishing /usr/doc symlink

>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

 Raul> If it's possible to install woody against potato without errors caused
 Raul> by a missing /usr/doc then the tech committee's migration plan is no
 Raul> longer needed.

	Unless one does an audit of the packages (and not jsut
 packages that happen to be installed on ones machine at the moment),
 there is no way to be sure of this. As I have said before, current
 policy makes it perfectly legal to do thisng like
   if [ -d /usr/doc/$package ]; then
       rm -rf /usr/doc/$package;
   fi
   ln -sf ../share/doc/$package /usr/doc/$package

 	I, for one, have not done this audit, nor do I have the time
 to do so. Additionally, several months into the freeze, isn't it kind
 of late to be changing plans midstream? Policy is frozen. And there
 is a must requirement for packages to provide the symbolic link --
 unless you are saying we should just blow the release manager off and
 the say the hell with the freeze and start over just so we don't ship
 /usr/doc/ full of symbolic links.

	manoj
 shakes his head
--
 Did you hear that there's a group of South American Indians that
 worship the number zero?  Is nothing sacred?