Re: another reason why requiring NMs to be sponsored is a bad idea

Russell Coker wrote:
> Here's a list of packages that have been requested (so presumably can't be
> considered useless): http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/requested

  I packaged a requested software (see #120912), plus a related one, put
  both on  http://glou.net/~thomas/debian/ with  full source,  posted to
  debian-mentors, put my  name and description for both  packages on the
  sponsorship program web page, and ... got _absolutely_ no answer.

  Now, my question is : are  these packages totally unuseful to Debian ?
  And, if  so, should  I go  on searching  wnpp for  something hopefully
  useful,  package it  again, and  get the  same result,  no sponsor  or
  advocate ?

--
Thomas Seyrat.