Re: another reason why requiring NMs to be sponsored is a bad idea

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:12:34AM +0100, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> The prospective developer himself reads about the NM process, finds a
> sentence like 'you should have some package being sponsored' and so builds
> some package that nobody wants. The Right Way[tm] IMHO to deal with such

This is an excellent point.

Debian suffers, somewhat, from bloat.  Against that, we have always
accepted packages into the distribution unless there was good reason
not to (legal, normally).

But encouraging people to package unuseful software is certain not
good..

Jules