Re: Problems with libsdl1.2-dev 1.2.2-3.3 and OpenGL?

søn, 2002-01-13 kl. 23:29 skrev Erich Schubert:
> > in some way. When I try to compile any program using SDL and OpenGL, the
> > window/screen shows the last image, from the OpenGL program which was
> > previous run.
>
> My first guess would be that your GL Driver is somehow broken.
> Memory protection should make it impossible for the next program to read
> the display of the previous program.
> If your GL Driver fails to initialize it's video memory, this can easily
> happen.
> Which GL Driver do you use? Mesa? Or that buggy memory-eating nvidia
> driver i'm running (well, geforce2go didn't run with the nv driver, and
> sometimes armagetron is just fun ;)
> If you are running the nvidia driver, do try software GL. If it works
> there, it's probably not SDLs fault.

I am one of those nvidia-using-guys, sorry. However, I find that when I
write code against X11, and GL it works just fine - so, I would say SDL
is somewhat broken (hopefully I am wrong in this)

--
Paul Fleischer // ProGuy
Registered Linux User #166300