Re: debian.org Jabber server?

> Plus jabber can be much more secure than IRC and with much less effort.

Do we need IRC to be secure? I don't think so.

> I, for one, would love to get messages on jabber about bugs filed against my
> packages, perhaps also stuff like debian weekly newsletters, debianplanet
> headlines - anything is possible.

DWN makes much more sense per mail as via Instant-Mail, as does
Debianplanet via web and rdf feeds.

I'm not opposed to Jabber as such - i would prefer it to other IMs if i
would actually use IM much, my partners would use Jabber or the Gateways
would actually work - but i just don't see anything we would gain over
the current Mail+IRC situation.

Greetings,
Erich