Re: Editor Priorities

Hi,

At 12 May 2002 23:57:15 -0400,
Mark Eichin wrote:

> > how it's necessary.  Why isn't a simple web page, showing packages and

Such a webpage will be as large as boks.  A very tiny subset of
such page is available on
http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/suse-cjk.html
though it is on SuSE.  Note that the page is written in English,
which will not very useful for many CJK people.  Even though there
are some pages written in CJK languages, these pages are not useful
for CJK users because people who cannot display CJK languages will
want to read the page.

> Or better yet, a task-chinese or task-russian... or rather, tasksel,
> see "localization", pick a language set.  Oh wait, we already *have*
> those.

task-* packages can install language-needed softwares (editors)
but it doesn't help users to choose one of the installed editors.
alternatives is a good way to supply this.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/