Re: facilitating donations

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:07:46PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
5B>
> in any case, donating to debian is *way* too US centric, and while
> europe almost sees no more distinction between national and
> intracontinental transfers (and even asia isn't hard to transfer to
> and fro), the US/Canada just happens to have the least compatible (and
> most awkward) banking system of the universe IMHO. donating to debian
> should be easy. the donor shouldn't have to jump through hoops and put
> effort behind his generosity.
>
> but: the SPI is already discussing ways. paypal is (a) too US centric
> and infeasible outside the US, and (b) it's expensive. and there
> aren't any other ways really. so i say - delegate, branch, take on the
> world!

I know what you are talking about [even though I'm in Canada :-]. IMHO,
the best thing to do is to have some sort of an "office" in Europe. Maybe
in Germany. They would receive all donations from around the world and
the current system could remain for people in Canada/US.

IMO, Debian should not need to be cetralized as the organization is
rather global.

- Adam