Re: debian on distrowatch

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 10:00:54PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> I did some research, I hope I'm not telling things you already. The
> tcp.int subdomain is specified in RFC 1528, 1529 and 1520. The meaning
> of the tcp.int domain is standardized by the IETF. I.e.
> 0.1.5.2.8.6.9.5.1.4.1.tpc.int has some special meaning. I think that's
> the reason they are able to have that domain.

	Thanks for those links, but it should be RFC 1530, not RFC 1520.
So they got the .int because the project is using the DNS itself as infra-
structure and reason for existance.

> I see debian as a private organization with an international
> character, so I don't think we will ever get an .INT domain. But
> what's wrong with debian.org? .ORG is also international.

	I have nothing against .org, but was just wondering on whether
it was possible to get a .int. Perhaps if we wrote several RFCs ourselves? :)

Greetings,
Michael.
--
"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?