Re: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 12:14:09AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> The port name was agreed to be 'w32' last time when A Menucc1 posted about
> it.

For definitions of "agreed" which don't include "consensus", I
guess. I saw a lot of argument, then somebody declared that it would
be 'w32'.

> There aren't any licensing, DFSG-compliance or policy problems,

How nice of you to tell us all that, where did you get your law
degree?

Alternatively, post the link to the discussion on debian-legal about
it...

> This port is meant to run on any win32 implementation. Some win32
> implementations are free (wine, reactos), others are not (microsoft).

Wine is blatantly contrived as an excuse to do this, since running a
win32 port of Debian under wine under some linux-gnu based system is
rather absurd. I was not aware that reactos was anywhere near useable
quality.

> free implementations are of course recommended and cygwin is proven
> to work fine on wine.

And reactos?

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK