Re: Euro symbol and XFree

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:

> The problem of the euro should be seriously considered in the weeks to come
> since from Jan, 1 2002 we'll all have to use it.
>
> Is our favorite OS ready  ?

[ X - don't know how to fix that myself ]

> BTW, the euro symbol is absent from the console too ...

That's an easy one. You need to use the right console font and the right
keymap. The console font for Western European languages that includes the
Euro is lat0-16.psf; And to make sure your keymap includes the euro, you
need to use "currency" for the "€" symbol.

You may also want to change your locale to use ISO-8859-15 instead of
ISO-8859-1.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"