Re: sysctl should disable ECN by default

If a Debian user checks the kernel config box that says
ECN-yes!, don't muck with the user's configuration behind
his back.  If you want to warn him or her when the kernel
is installed with CONFIG_ECN, or write a little init.d
script that checks /proc/.../tcp_ecn and prints "whoa, I
hope you know what you're doing with ECN turned on," fine.

Don't undo user configuration.

Context:  lprng ships with 'force_localhost' turned on
so that all the rm= lines in /etc/printcap are silently
ignored.  I realize there's a good reason for this, but I
spent a long time wondering why the printcap file I copied
from my department's redhat machines wouldn't work.

I shouldn't have to turn ECN on, then find some init.d
script someone shouldn't have written to keep it from
being turned off behind my back.  ECN doesn't need any
more inertia slowing its deployment.  It's already an
experimental, off by default, addition to the kernel.

-neil
Full disclosure: I'm a networking graduate student and
Debian admin with 14 machines.  My research has touched on
improving ECN's accountability, so I have an interest in
making the network safe for ECN.  I also have an interest
in keeping the default Debian configuration clean.