Re: LILO

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 02:35:18PM +0100, Frederico Mu?oz wrote:
> Further more, GRUB is the only of the two to support the multiboot
> specification (needed by
> e.g. GNU Hurd).
>
> All in all I think GRUB is far superior to lilo in every aspect I can
> think of.
  Except compatibility.  All that very nice, fancy stuff grub does comes at
a price.  Not only does it occationally have inexplicable incompatiblities
with some hardware, but it somehow manages to disable the AT keyboard emulation
for my USB(only) keyboard.  I'm sure lilo had some troubles with not loading
on some systems in the past, but it's gotten over worst of them.
  If it wern't for that freak keyboard disabling I'd use grub on this
system.  I allready use it almost everywhere else(x86).

...If only I could get OF on my Athlon.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--