Re: debbugs can now send bug mails to someone different than the maintainer

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:25:16AM -0500, adam@lapdoog.doogie.brainfood.com wrote:
> I have just added support to debbugs in cvs, and on master, so that the
> maintainer address for a package can be overriden.  This allows the real
> maintainer to be someone different than the person or list that gets the bugs.
>
> This is useful, when the real maintainer is doing the upload, and dinstall
> compares the uploader to the real maintainer, but an entire list of people
> should actually get the bug reports.

I've got another request, but I reckon it's a katie one: it would be
really nice if the Maintainer could be a mailing list (eg,
debian-policy@lists.d.o) and that katie would recognise one of a small
list of names and emails for the Changed-By field as being maintainers
for the package.  I'm sure there are several packages like this which
would benefit from such a change.  If I learn Python one day, I would
happily write a patch for this.

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/