Re: debbugs can now send bug mails to someone different than the maintainer

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:25:16AM -0500, adam@lapdoog.doogie.brainfood.com wrote:
> > I have just added support to debbugs in cvs, and on master, so that the
> > maintainer address for a package can be overriden.  This allows the real
> > maintainer to be someone different than the person or list that gets the bugs.
> >
> > This is useful, when the real maintainer is doing the upload, and dinstall
> > compares the uploader to the real maintainer, but an entire list of people
> > should actually get the bug reports.
>
> I've got another request, but I reckon it's a katie one: it would be
> really nice if the Maintainer could be a mailing list (eg,
> debian-policy@lists.d.o) and that katie would recognise one of a small
> list of names and emails for the Changed-By field as being maintainers
> for the package.  I'm sure there are several packages like this which
> would benefit from such a change.  If I learn Python one day, I would
> happily write a patch for this.

That's why this change is for.  You set the Maintainer in debian/control to be
the uploader.  This way, katie will do the right thing.  However, using the
above debbugs feature, bug reports can go elsewhere, your above mentioned
list.