Re: FYI: dh_upx compresses i386 executables

#include <hallo.h>
Radovan Garabik wrote on Sat Apr 21, 2001 um 12:27:00PM:

> IMHO if they will be launched multiple times, applications
> will NOT share memory when upx-packed, so better be careful about
> when to use it and when not.

According to my top output, they do share memory. IMHO the applications
are decompressed in a temp directory and reexecuted again.

> And also ldd output about compressed packages will be misleading
> (unless something changed since last time I used upx)

That is why dh_shlibdeps must run _before_ dh_upx. And when library
dependencies are detected and resolved correctly, who cares about ldd
output?

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04 5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5
**
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.