Re: chroot bind?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Nicholas Lee wrote:

> Sure, I'm interested.  Time to sharpen my deb_make skills again.

It uses debhelper btw, not debmake.

Issues I see:

* Does it follow all the best practices for a secure bind server?

* The add/delete user stuff in the maintainer scripts is not bulletproof I
  think.

* Can it be made more policy compliant.  (Right now there are a lot of
  lintian errors)  I suspect it will never be 100% compliant by the very
  nature of the thing.  If this is the case suitable exemptions will have
  to be made by the right people.

* Some documentation/man pages have to be written.

> I'm not a debian maintainer, but I'm sure I can pass any work on to someone
> to comitt if it meets the cut.

Sure I'd be willing to sponsor your upload.  If it should prove to be too
much for you, let me know so I can find someone else.  When I first made
the package I gave it to someone who didn't do anything with it which is a
shame because I think a lot of people would really like to have a chrooted
bind package.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>