Re: chroot bind?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:32:51PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Nicholas Lee wrote:
>
> > Sure, I'm interested.  Time to sharpen my deb_make skills again.
> >

> It uses debhelper btw, not debmake.
>
> Issues I see:
>
> * Does it follow all the best practices for a secure bind server?
>
> * The add/delete user stuff in the maintainer scripts is not bulletproof I
>   think.
>
> * Can it be made more policy compliant.  (Right now there are a lot of
>   lintian errors)  I suspect it will never be 100% compliant by the very
>   nature of the thing.  If this is the case suitable exemptions will have
>   to be made by the right people.
>
> * Some documentation/man pages have to be written.
>
> > I'm not a debian maintainer, but I'm sure I can pass any work on to someone
> > to comitt if it meets the cut.
> >

> Sure I'd be willing to sponsor your upload.  If it should prove to be too
> much for you, let me know so I can find someone else.  When I first made
> the package I gave it to someone who didn't do anything with it which is a
> shame because I think a lot of people would really like to have a chrooted
> bind package.
As said before in this thread i'm also interested in having a
chrooted bind in Debian. I just set up 3 chrooted bind Debian boxes
so if there's anything were i can help...

I've also a running init script that copies the needed files at
startup into the jail so that it's always up-to-date. Just mail me
privatly if you want to look at it.

Dennis
--
"Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is a user-friendly Operating
System. It's just choosy about who its friends are."