Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 20, 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 06:00:10AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: cstools-vn (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Ashley Clark <aclark@debian.org>
>   85305  cstools-vn: It can't be install with cstocs

Can/should this get a [REMOVE] tag? The whole point of the bugreport
is that it is fundamently the same package as cstocs and all the
changes have been merged back into cstocs. The bug could be changed
to ftp.debian.org, as a removal request, but that has to be done by
the developer, right?

> Package: doc-linux-ko (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Chu-yeon Park <kokids@debian.org>
>   94095  package should be trimmed or split

Why is this serious? 93 MB packages aren't against policy, last time
I checked. (If it it, it'd be nice to include the appropriate
citation.) Possibly important, but it's fundamentally a wishlist bug
- "I don't like how you're doing this" type thing. (Yes, it sucks,
but it's not broken.)

> Package: doc-rfc (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Kai Henningsen <kai@debian.org>
>   92810  doc-rfc: license is not DFSG-free

You do realize that half the documentation in Debian would be
removed under this principle? gcc.info, at the bottom of the
"Funding Free Software" section says "alteration is not permitted".
If there is to be an exception for that, then you're on no stabler
ground than those that would argue that general textual documents
aren't software and don't fall under the DFSG. It'd be nice to have
some clear agreed-upon rules on this.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and