Re: Cryptic messages from installers

Previously John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> your key has a key id.  that key id can be used (well, the fingerprint
> anyway) to uniquely identify you. that fingerprint in also in the LDAP
> database. use that fingerprint as a key to query the LDAP to get an
> email for that same record.

yes, really bad plan. Sometimes you have good reasons to have the
install message send to a different address. Consider things like
jointly maintained packages. Or I might temporarily use a different
address if my ISP is down (never happened, but this is theory
anyway :) that is delivered to a place where I still can get mail.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |