Re: ITP: task-cups-printing

On 30-Oct-00, 05:37 (CST), Mariusz.Przygodzki@WAW1.siemens.pl wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> I intend to create and package task-cups-printing.
> I am registered in the new maintainer database as an un-assigned applicant.
>
> Package: task-cups-printing
> License: GPL
>
> This package sould install client and server packages for CUPS.

I object mildly, mostly on the basis of the name. I suppose the point
is to group together CUPS related packages. The problem is that
task-* packages end up in task-select, and I'm not sure that this is
appropriate for this grouping. See the recent (early-mid October)
discussion in debian-policy, under the subject line "priorities".

Howzabout just "cups-printing"...

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read