Re: How can printing be simplified with Debian GNU/Linux?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 11:47:10PM +0200, Raphael Bossek wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> visted today http://www.linuxprinting.org/ looking for configuration
> files for my HP DeskJet 840C and a idear comed up... why could we not
> add a printer support db with Debian? I think about a config-printer
> which allows you to add/remove printers...
Well, the thing is debian doesn't have to agree on it.  What happens
is someone writes a program, gets it included in debian, and then
tries to get it moved into standard.  It may never get into standard,
i'm not sure what the exact criteria, and i dont really feel like looking
it up right now.

If your interested in writing a program to do this, go right ahead, possibly
look for other people interested(if you get something going, i may be
interested too, but i dont have the time to actualy manage, or lead a
project).