Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 3, 2000

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 01:59:24PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Maintainer: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> >   59369  aleph: can't build from source
>
> I hope you do not still consider that this kind of messages here is a propper
> notification to the maintainer of the package. It is too easy to miss one line
> out of the large list that is shown here.

	Of course not!  The maintiner should have also gotten an
email when the bug was filed and should also been checking bugs.debian.org
for which bugs are part of thier package.  Lastly, I should hope that most
maintiners are checking the release-critical bug reports webpage to
see if there is anything they can be fixing.  It shoudn't be anyone's job
to the kick the maintainer in the head to get things fixed.  This
isn't a job, it is fun! :)

	chris

chris mckillop - cdm@debian.org    "The faster I go, the behinder I get."
Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org/             -- Lewis Carroll