Re: /dev/log yet again

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 08:27:35PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I remember someone talking about a setup where you don't need /dev/log but
> could log over udp.

There is a syslog() in FWTK which can use UDP, but i am not sure if it
compatiblke with libc's and if it can be preladed.

I ember that in sme libc versios there was a compile time switch for that...
default glibc uses only datagramm and stream Unix Socket Connections as far
as i remeber.

There is a syslog redirector for chroot setups, and there is a socket
acceptor which will forward the messages to stdout to be used with djb's
multilog.

Whats the reason for not using Unix Domain Sockets? They will work on
RO-Root filesystem.

Greetings
Bernd