Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

"Steve Lamb" <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:

       It would work with reply-to enabled, but not with it shut off.  As it
   stands we're CC'ing needless right now as it is.  People aren't trimming
   now, what makes you think they're going to trim in the future.  At least
   with a reply-to in place one is (more often than not) prompted for where to
   sent the message to and can make a concious choice then of "list" or
   "individual" instead of reply-to-all and banging away.

AFAICT that's simply *wrong*.  Currently, if you just `reply', it goes
to the person who wrote the email, because they're in the To: field.
You have to use `group reply' to send to the list as well.  Adding a
what mailreader you're using that has the behavior you describe, but
it doesn't match any mailreader I've ever used.  Certainly not elm,
rmail, or gnus.