Re: Which gcc builds potato?

Dale Scheetz writes:
 > On 21 Sep 1999, Ruud de Rooij wrote:
 >
 > > Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
 > >
 > > > So, what, if anything, is being built with egcs?
 > >
 > > Nothing, since egcs does not exist in the distribution anymore.
 >
 > Well, egcs 1.1.2-2 is still in my source archives, so someone must be
 > using it. egcs64 is currently being used to build Ultra kernels, so I
 > figured the 32 bit egcs was being used for some purpose as well.

The egcs packages are used to build the libstdc++2.8 and libstdc++2.9
packages and therefore are still in potato. For the release they have
to be modified to build the runtime libraries only (if you want to
step forward for this task, you are welcome).

Starting with gcc-2.95.2-0pre2 the sparc gcc can build 32 bit and 64
bit binaries. I assume egcs64 will be kept as a fallback as we do with
gcc272 for the other architectures.