Re: GPG trusted signatures, dpkg-buildpackage & gpg

Previously Joe Drew wrote:
> Also, I think I read something about dpkg-buildpackage automatically
> choosing gpg when you haven't got a .pgp/secring.pgp - I haven't got
> one, but it still chooses PGP anyways. What's up? (My pgp keyrings
> are in the ~/.gnupg directory)

Weird. Is $HOME correct for you? Here is the relevant code snippet from
dpkg-buildpackage:

if [ -e $HOME/.gnupg/secring.gpg -a ! -e $HOME/.pgp/secring.pgp ] ; then
    signcommand=gpg
fi
if [ -e $HOME/.pgp/secring.pgp -a ! -e $HOME/.gnupg/secring.gpg ] ; then
    signcommand=pgp
fi

Perhaps we should change that so gpg will be used by default if
$HOME/.gnupg/secring.gpg exists?

I also noticed that the gpg-support is in dpkg-buildpackage is currently
broken. I hope to fix that later this week.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl