Re: (In)ability to turn features off in configure scripts

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 02:32:20PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Yep - this is what I am angry about. I am trying to build python-gtk WITHOUT
> gtkglarea support for one package and with it for another one. Problem: There
> is not way to disable the gtkglarea support if gtkglarea is installed.

yeah, this is a silly behavior of autoconf, i had it in curl/curl-ssl.

i bypassed it splitting my original source in two: one for no-ssl and
the other for ssl.

when i didn't want ssl support, i commented out libssl check line
in *configure.in* (in order to work even after autoconf another invocation), so,
even if i have this libray on my system it doesn't get linked against my prog.

bye

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok <cavok@freemail.it>
  --[ get my public pgp key at http://www.freeweb.org/free/cavok/